top of page
BROWN & HAWKINS
Through the Years
205 4th Avenue
By 1915 Brown & Hawkins had branches in Anchorage and Knik and had expanded their storefront in downtown Seward. Previously Seward's Gentleman's Club this store is now home to Sweet Darlings.
207 4th Avenue
In 1903 Charles E. Brown, a young banker, and T.W. Hawkins, a young merchant moved their operation from Valdez, AK to Seward, AK.
This first store, then 12 feet by 24 feet in size, is now known as
Wicked M's Photography Gallery.
209 4th Avenue
In 1912, Brown and Hawkins chartered the SS Bertha, loaded with general merchandise, a gold scale and a large Mosler safe, which still resides in the store. Operating as a mercantile for over 100 years, this store is now the small business co-op dubbed
Brown & Hawkins Trading Co.
bottom of page